These are the Village of Port Chester’s Rules and Regulations for the Port Chester Dog Park. Sharing on this website for convenience:
PORT CHESTER DOG PARK
Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk
Responsibility – Any person bringing a dog into this facility assumes the legal responsibility, jointly & separately, with the owner of the dog, for any damage, disease or injury to persons, other dogs or property, caused by the dog. All persons using the facility, by entering it, agree to indemnify the Village of Port Chester and hold the Village of Port Chester harmless for any harm from use of this facility.
- All dogs must be licensed, current with all shots, healthy & wearing a collar, current license tags & identification at all times.
- All dogs must be leashed upon entering/exiting the enclosure – leashes must be in owners’ possession at all times
- OWNERS MUST CLEAN UP AFTER THEIR DOGS & CARRY OUT OR DISPOSE OF WASTE IN RECEPTACLES PROVIDED
- Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited – dogs must remain with owners voice control & in sight
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted – Owners must remove their dogs upon first sign of aggression
- Dogs must be accompanied by individuals 16 years or older
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or supervising adult. No children under the age of 9 are permitted in the Dog Park
- No puppies less than 4 months of age
- No dogs in heat (spaying & neutering recommended)
- No dogs that are known to be sick or to have parasites
- Limit three (3) dogs per person
- No smoking or littering
- NO FOOD / DOG TREATS / Alcohol / Glass
- Fill any holes your dog digs
- Use of dog toys at the owner’s risk & liability
- Gates must remain closed at all times
- No bikes, skateboards, or roller blades allowed in the dog park
- No pinch, choker or spiked collars allowed
- No more than 25 dogs at one time (Large Dog Area) 15 (Small Dog Area) 5 (Time Out Area)
- Small dogs defined as 30LBS or less
- ALL OTHER PARK RULES APPLY
Reporting – Any incident, problem, violation, emergency, etc. Must be reported Immediately to the Police Department (914) 939-1000.
For the benefit of everyone in our community, please remember to leave our Dog Park nicer than you found it and ENJOY YOUR VISIT. Thank you.